• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lp birdeater question

kaz

3 Year Member
WP_20160122_21_21_11_Pro.jpg
Getting some real nice pics from my new phone....

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
really nice btw am an ocd type person and id certainly like a room like that lol
Me too...all the small ones have hand made lighting system and lid adaption so no escapes. "Night mode" below along with a pic of one of the Pokie tanks (the other is identical so that there is symmetry either side of bed)...ha ha.
I am so ocd I have to hoover in certain directions and a certain amount of passes otherwise I start again......I must have issues I reckon lol.
20151229_220056.jpg
20151230_174716.jpg

kaz

3 Year Member
wow I'm really impressed they look awesome, the lightings cool and love the last tank setup. I'm currently setting one up and its a pain being a perfectionist. Iv become less ocd with housework since having three kids, u just get to a point were there just isn't enough time to be over the top with children undoing everything u do lol.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
wow I'm really impressed they look awesome, the lightings cool and love the last tank setup. I'm currently setting one up and its a pain being a perfectionist. Iv become less ocd with housework since having three kids, u just get to a point were there just isn't enough time to be over the top with children undoing everything u do lol.
Very very true. I have 4......I just have to keep telling myself they are not making a mess thay are making memories instead. Thank you for the kind comments on the set ups. I try to plan the designs in advance and for me, I like to have a nice looking environment, especially as depending on species, the tank is all you will see! ;)

kaz

3 Year Member
haha creating memories, I shall have to use that lol. I start off with something in mind, then try different things then can't decide haha

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
ok thanks, didnt realise that. And yea its not going in there for awhile, ran out of coco fibre but gave it a slope to look nice Time being. Just thought id add bits slowly and get it setup, so by the time I'm happy with it, it may go in. However mean time My main concern is how to fix the lid to ensure no escapes!!
One tip I've read regarding substrate is to bury an upside down bowl in the middle of the enclosure. That way, when the T burrows, it will go to the sides where you can see it and you'll not need that much substrate.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 13761Hello all been awhile, phone broke so haven't been on. Recently obtained an juvie Lp pretty sure its ready for a molt will update with some photos soon. However for now my question is on enclosure size. I'm setting up an old 15 gallon aquarium. About 2 feet long by just shy of a foot wide. Will this be big enough as a permanent enclosure. Here's a pic so far, still stuff to add plants soil etc.
I have an adult female in a 20gal long. She is extremely active at night and wonders the entire enclosure. I think a 15 is fine. You just have to be more vigilant of her and her activities to make sure all is well.

Latest posts