• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for ID on two species.

wickee

Hi everyone I've been trying to get confirmation on two different tarantulas and haven't had a lot of success. Hopefully, someone can give me a positive ID. I have my thoughts but I would rather not share them to bias someone's opinion. I"m not that great at ID so I would rather rely ln people with more experience. Thanks,
Unstre.jpg
ppppg.jpg
Unstre.jpg
ppppg.jpg
ppppg.jpg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Doing my daily check around, I realised there is a slightly better option than Aphonopelma seemanni. Grammostola pulchripes, as it's slightly more "fuzzy."

GarField000

3 Year Member
The first one I thought Lasiodora parahybana with the little stripe at the legs, but I miss some reds with the hairs. Mine have a bit red. Very light at the end off the hairs. So not sure if it's correct.

The second looks like a G.pulchripes.
If the coloring on the legs is yellow, it's a G.pulchripes. If it's more blend and towards white a A.seemani.
i have them side by side and than it's easy to see

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah second one seemed to me to be a G. pulchripes although sometimes the yellow stripe colors don’t always come through in pictures. Also to me the Chaco Golden knee can have a reddish tinged hairs on its abdomen especially towards the back.

Latest posts