• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Little Golden Knee for Christmas

Brandon

3 Year Member
Hi.. I bought my son a baby Golden Knee today for Christmas. He is 14 and has wanted a tarantula for many years. I was afraid of spiders but that never stops him from bringing home books for me to read to him or watching videos with them doing amazing things.. I obviously have less fear as being able to buy him this lititle guy today.. I know he is going to be very happy. I want this forum to be a place for him to share pictures and ask questions with others that have these pets. He has adhd, add, and some learning disabilities that make it difficult for him to have a lot of friends and I know watching his new pet grow will bring himjoy and friendship.. Sunday I am going to have him take a picture and post it.. Merry Christmas tarantula friends.

Casperroux

3 Year Member
Hi welcome to the forum....Everyone here is very freindly and helpful....you got him the perfect T for a starter mine is very docile...just be careful they do have urticating hairs...what size did you get him...and of course the handling the tarantula does not benefit from it it mights stress it out bit if needed to be handled please to it very close to the floor since its an terrestrial specie they might get seriously injured when dropped.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi.. I bought my son a baby Golden Knee today for Christmas. He is 14 and has wanted a tarantula for many years. I was afraid of spiders but that never stops him from bringing home books for me to read to him or watching videos with them doing amazing things.. I obviously have less fear as being able to buy him this lititle guy today.. I know he is going to be very happy. I want this forum to be a place for him to share pictures and ask questions with others that have these pets. He has adhd, add, and some learning disabilities that make it difficult for him to have a lot of friends and I know watching his new pet grow will bring himjoy and friendship.. Sunday I am going to have him take a picture and post it.. Merry Christmas tarantula friends.
Hi, welcome to this fantastic forum. You and your son will love it here and well done him for helping you come to terms with your fear. Thay truly are amazing creatures and be orepared.......very very addictive! We all love pictures/videos and updates on Ts so keep posting. I hope you and the family have a great Christmas and now you need to get thinking of a festive name for the the little Chaco. ☺

Redacted

3 Year Member
Welcone to the forum and congrats on a fine choice of T. Large, showy, and easy to work around.

Happy holidays.

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. You will find everyone here very helpful and friendly. It will b a great fit for u and ur son. Can't wait to c the pics. Merry Christmas:T:

ManlyMan7

3 Year Member
Welcome!

And I might add that is a fine choice for a first T.

Here is my 7" girl. A sweetheart.
20160101_122759#1 Wtrmk sm.jpg
IMG_9775a Penelope Wtrmk sm.jpg
IMG_9775a Penelope Wtrmk sm.jpg

ManlyMan7

3 Year Member
:D

Thanks.

And just for reference, my girl really does have that strong of purple on her carapace. Her sister was the same. I haven't seen the likes of them in terms of purple, though I certainly hope others have this much purple.

ManlyMan7

3 Year Member
And yes, Brandon, before you knew it, your son was working on your phobia with books and pics.

I see yet another former arachnophobe turned arachnophile in the making.

If you need any help feeding this new addiction with more pics, just let me know.

:D

Brandon

3 Year Member
I love him and have not figured out what his or her name will be yet.. thanks for all the welcomes.

ManlyMan7

3 Year Member
Whohoo! These are so cute as babies! And I should say they are one of the larger spider longs I have kept (I have not kept any of the Theraphosas).

Here is my girl when i unpacked her from her shipping box at 2nd instar 5 years ago.

_MG_7215a G pulchripes sling sm.jpg

Thankfully, they are fairly fast growers for Grammostolas.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
Whohoo! These are so cute as babies! And I should say they are one of the larger spider longs I have kept (I have not kept any of the Theraphosas).

Here is my girl when i unpacked her from her shipping box at 2nd instar 5 years ago.

View attachment 21283

Thankfully, they are fairly fast growers for Grammostolas.

Tiny baby! What does it look like now, @ManlyMan7 ? I *know* you have pix. :D

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member

Welcome to the forum! :)

Latest posts