• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lions and Tigers (but no Bears), oh my...

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Some photos I took during our recent zoo visits

Ring Tailed Lemur
tigtj1Q.jpg

Very pretty Spider Monkey (love those blue eyes)
ZbO1ys8.jpg

Sunbathing
6vcsicr.jpg

My husband's and mine wedding pic lol
A7iCFxS.jpg

Kookaburra
OgPGKss.jpg

2 of 4 rescued ex circus lions from Belgium. They're all neutered males, hence why they don't have manes
hlvW2Jx.jpg

Arctic Wolf female
b9ZzV4m.jpg

h2TEs9E.jpg

More of the lions. So glad, they've got a nice life now (they were stuck in a trailer and badly abused with cattle prods and whips)
uzhhZup.jpg

Evil looking Scottish Wildcat hybrid (they interbreed with house cats and there are hardly any pure wild ones left) plotting to kill all humans
XMLYtYC.jpg

tbc....

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Safari Park now:
African Lioness
bqQMh6c.jpg

Big Daddy
NLigyqH.jpg

Baby Macaque
QlrLoTi.jpg

Amur Tigress (after the wolf my favourite wild animal)
3w5aB3Y.jpg

ukfLxKh.jpg

7Ros7rY.jpg

IFC264x.jpg

Male tiger, but no breeding partner, because he's a hybrid
c70Ncrp.jpg

She still loves him though
FhiQwxM.jpg

Penguin group hug
VU7w4D1.jpg

Harris Hawk
b0IQH7T.jpg

The display was great, so funny and everyone got their own private fly-over
A3cK92e.jpg

Beautiful Vulture
4KcFQEo.jpg

02Bno42.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not only are the animals beautiful, the photography is very impressive! Awesome shots!

Kookaburra should be captioned "Cheeky little ****," though.

Thanks.
The Kookaburra was actually really docile (thankfully, because it was a walk through aviary lol). I've seen one at another zoo that kept flying at the cage every time someone walked by.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Quiet possible, the birds have a few ponds to swim and bathe. It's a nice small privately owned zoo - Five Sisters, Scotland. They seem to be taking in mainly rescue animals, although they breed their inverts, reptiles and amphibians quite successfully. I wrote about the circus lions, but they also have 3 ex circus bears who now have a massive woodland enclosure to roam in.
Same with the wolves: They're two females from another zoo, who were not getting along with the rest of the pack. They have a hillside like enclosure with caves and hides and more space than some bigger packs have in other zoos.

They also take in ex-pet parrots and give them more adequate aviaries with lots of room to fly and climb and play. You can tell some used to be pets. The parrot in the photo below comes right up and when you talk to her she answers back and when you say "You wanna dance?" she starts bopping up and down. She's so sweet.
kuBw3nY.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
****atoo more like crackatoo.

Those birds are insane, but total lovebugs.
I know, I couldn't keep one myself or any parrot, but I like interacting with them. You can see how intelligent they are and how much they crave attention. Their beaks scare me a little though.

Latest posts