• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Leg Regeneration, P. regalis

SamuraiLawyer

3 Year Member
I thought it was my imagination for awhile, but it's official. My p. regalis is missing it's right rearmost leg. I don't handle it, it stays in its enclosure, and I have no idea what happened. This is an older sling, but still a sling at just over 2". The leg will regenerate at the next molt, right?

Which I hope is soon. It hasn't taken food in a week. I hope it's pre-molt behavior and not connected with the missing leg.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Its leg will partially regenerate at the next moult (Probably around 75%), but will look skinnier than the rest. Within a moult or 2 after that you won't even see the difference.
Amazing creatures these!

SamuraiLawyer

3 Year Member
Its leg will partially regenerate at the next moult (Probably around 75%), but will look skinnier than the rest. Within a moult or 2 after that you won't even see the difference.
Amazing creatures these!
Good. Maybe then I'll stop wondering whether it was shipped to me one leg down or it happened later. Is it common for them to lose a leg?

Latest posts