• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lasiodora parahybana's new home.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Today I moved Mole into his new custom made terrarium and it's like having a new TV channel, I can see him clearly for the first time since he was tiny because his old home was opaque. Pip will follow into hers as soon as I have enough substrate dried. The terrariums are 24"x12"x10" with both front and rear ventilation and cost me £41 ($54.60) for both and an 8" cube plus £20 ($26.60) delivery by courier from Poland.

In the 3l Braplast tub I used for the transfer

Exploring his new home, Pip's terrarium below.

He spent ages on this plant, almost bouncing on it.

Finally a belly shot of him

Redacted

3 Year Member
What a generous new home for Pip. A 10" DLS female I had several years ago had no trouble eating adult hissers. They are impressive in adult size. Yours is beautiful.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What a generous new home for Pip. A 10" DLS female I had several years ago had no trouble eating adult hissers. They are impressive in adult size. Yours is beautiful.

Thank you. Mole (male) is now around 7" dls but Pip is slightly smaller and hasn't moulted since the end of August 2015 making me suspect and hope that it's female. Hopefully I shall be able to see once I get it moved into the new glass container too.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Dang..I forget how gorgeous they are...mine is slowly growing. One day perhaps lol
Luv the enclosures :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Today I moved Mole into his new custom made terrarium and it's like having a new TV channel, I can see him clearly for the first time since he was tiny because his old home was opaque. Pip will follow into hers as soon as I have enough substrate dried. The terrariums are 24"x12"x10" with both front and rear ventilation and cost me £41 ($54.60) for both and an 8" cube plus £20 ($26.60) delivery by courier from Poland.

In the 3l Braplast tub I used for the transfer

Exploring his new home, Pip's terrarium below.

He spent ages on this plant, almost bouncing on it.

Finally a belly shot of him
They are great enclosures. Your Ts have a lovely new home. They are lovely. Get breeding......lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Dang..I forget how gorgeous they are...mine is slowly growing. One day perhaps lol
Luv the enclosures :)

Thank you. I agree with you, I'd almost forgotten how beautiful they are because I'd only see them briefly when I opened their tubs for maintenance or feeding but now I'll be able to really appreciate them.

They are great enclosures. Your Ts have a lovely new home. They are lovely. Get breeding......lol

Unfortunately they are siblings so even if Pip is female, the timing would be wrong. I couldn't cope with all of those little ones anyway :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you. I agree with you, I'd almost forgotten how beautiful they are because I'd only see them briefly when I opened their tubs for maintenance or feeding but now I'll be able to really appreciate them.

Unfortunately they are siblings so even if Pip is female, the timing would be wrong. I couldn't cope with all of those little ones anyway :)
Ah, ok didn't realise. Yes we don't want any of that going on now do we.....lol

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh no, that would be naughty, naughty :D
Absolutley not!
Just been looking at those enclosures again, is the like an air gap at the front, the sub seems to be offset from the front pane of glass. Assume that's to help with ventilation or do I need to go back to specsavers. ....lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Absolutley not!
Just been looking at those enclosures again, is the like an air gap at the front, the sub seems to be offset from the front pane of glass. Assume that's to help with ventilation or do I need to go back to specsavers. ....lol

You can see the front better on this photo. Jakub normally puts the top vent on the top but I asked him to put them on the back so I could stack them.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thay are really good. Well thought out and good yu can spec yourself.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It was Pip's turn to move house today. She really is so much smaller than her brother

Again I used the 3l Braplast tub for the transfer.

Exploring

Belly shot