• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

l. klugi not eating...

Heinz09

3 Year Member
Hi, my wife and I recently decided that we both want a T, she got a bigger 2 to 3 inch b. Smithi and she got me a l. Klugi, now mine is a tad smaller, round about an 1".

This is our first step into arachnids, and I have only the experience I got on youtube and google... I find that lacking at the moment, we got both at the S0S2 reptile expo, she got hers on the Saturday, and on Sunday it ate a cricket and Monday evening it ate one as well. Now she has her pretty cage set, and all is going well.

Mine on the other hand being smaller has a somewhat smaller vivarium as well, it does not sit in the hide, it dug it's way under the hide and started spinning a little web there and it does not seem interested in eating the cricket I put in on Sunday, now 2 days later the cricket is chilling at the water bowl and my spider is under his hide. Spinning away.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I can find tons of information on the b. Smithi but info on the l. Klugi not luck or google is on my side.

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
How big is the cricket? Unless it's a pretty small (size of the klugi's abdomen), she may be afraid of it. Try prekilling it and leaving it in overnight. Usually I like to put the prey in, and take out any uneaten prey the next day. Digging their own hide is perfectly normal. Just make sure whatever she is digging under can't fall in and hurt her.

Heinz09

3 Year Member
Okay I think a ritual slaughtering of the cricket might work, I will try it out tonight and let you guys know. Thank you for the quick reply.

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
My lasiodoras rarely turn down food unless it's a little too big. I usually smash the head slightly so it'll still twitch some then they'll attack it. I've got one that is about 3/4" that'll grab anything live right from tongs. There a fun T to watch grow. Your going to love it.. so far all of mine are tunneling machines.

Heinz09

3 Year Member
Well it is tunneling and has built itself a little place below it's hide spot, so now I am just waiting to see what happens, removed the cricket, will put one in again in 3 days to see if he is more up to it then. Up till now I have been mostly a snake keeper so it is a severe move, but it is small cages and can look very awesome, will upload images soon.

Thanks for the quick feedback :)

Latest posts