• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kind of a mixed day

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
I got a new order today from the spider shop, approx 8cm juvenile g.pulchra and approx 5cm a.versicolor. I opened it when i got home and unfortunatly the g.pulchra was dead [emoji20]
5c44cdd8d08c192d7db177a9c4f1cee3.jpg

Poor little thing, anyway i emailed lee at the spider shop with some photos and hes told me that he has no g.pulchras left to replace it, but he will happily either refund me or let me choose something else of equal value.

I must stress that dispite having a DOA i still think the spider shop are fantastic, ive bought almost all my spiders from them and this is the first hiccup ive had, things like this are out of the sellers hands once they are posted and i had no doubt in my mind that lee would sort it for me, which he has. He replied to my email within 5 minutes. So im going to have to pick something new lol.

My versicolor on the other hand is currently munching on a roach lol
a2c1371890024c2ad6fc5c825575fc92.jpg

All in all kind of a mixed day, i was excited about the new Ts arriving, even though i already have 3 g.pulchras and 4 versicolors [emoji5]
I was kind of down when i found the pulchra was dead, but i suppose everything happens for a reason and maybe this was ment to be, only time will tell depending on what i replace it with.
Also my female obt is coming from poland tomorrow, yes thats right, the missus has actually let me have one [emoji2]

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Sorry that you had a DOA but congrats on the versi and the successful moult. TSS are a great shop and really do deal with problems quickly.
I know, ive always had great experiences with TSS and like i said, lee replied to my email straight away and gave me 2 pretty fair options given that he had no pulchras left to replace it with.

leaveittoweaver

3 Year Member
Awww so sorry for the DOA. G.Pulchra is such a neat tarantula. I have one and he/she has a great appetite!

I used to have A.Versicolor, it passed away in the mass die off I had months ago. Such a beautiful Avic,definitely one of my favorite avics and I'll definitely get one again!

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
One of my 1cm versi slings died a few months ago, another had a bad molt 2 weeks ago but seems to be ok apart from a deformed leg lol. Its horrible losing a T.

Latest posts