• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just bought heater, need advice..

bookac

3 Year Member
Hello, today i bought heater because its getting cold over the night and the morning..

So i have question about what is the best position and distance from the heater and the enclousre..

This is my setup..

2aDKv3g.jpg

D5cM7J8.jpg

Thanks for any advice :)

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As long as it heats up the room, it doesn't have to be too close : )

bookac

3 Year Member
As long as it heats up the room, it doesn't have to be too close : )

Thanks, and just one more question.
Is it safe if I point the heater directly (dosent mean to stick the heater right next to the enclousre, but to have fair distance) to the enclousure, so it can warm up quickly so I can turn it of before my room get to hot ?

Hoping that the tempeture inside the enclousure will stay warm for awhile.

Maybe I am just asking nosense, but I want to clear some options.

Ghost

3 Year Member
Firstly in your pictures it looks like you have your enclosure quite close to a radiator on the wall if your using it to heat the room then your going to cook your T as the enclosure is far to close.
Secondly if your only using the fan heater then dose it have a thermostat?
I heat the room that my T's are in using an oil filled radiator with thermostat that's set so the room stays at an even temperature and doesn't drop below the set temperature...

bookac

3 Year Member
Firstly in your pictures it looks like you have your enclosure quite close to a radiator on the wall if your using it to heat the room then your going to cook your T as the enclosure is far to close.
Secondly if your only using the fan heater then dose it have a thermostat?
I heat the room that my T's are in using an oil filled radiator with thermostat that's set so the room stays at an even temperature and doesn't drop below the set temperature...

Yeap it has a thermostat on the heater, so I set it up to keep some tempeture, and about the radiotor we still hasn't started the global warming seassion in whole house. so I will keep in mind to find a new position when the heating session start :) thanks

Fleas

3 Year Member
Sorry to get off subject but that wood pattern in your room is awesome (am a flooring guy) lol:)