• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just added to my want list

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Big mistake, looking at spidershop.pl at their new stock and I've fallen for this
Psalmopoeus-victorii-Kopia-300x300.jpg

It's a Psalmopoeus victori and costs £105 ($134.40) so I'm going to have to start saving.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Big mistake, looking at spidershop.pl at their new stock and I've fallen for this
View attachment 23184

It's a Psalmopoeus victori and costs £105 ($134.40) so I'm going to have to start saving.
Oh wow, thats a beauty..you have excellent taste Enn. I'll have to look this one up, newly described? I love taxonomists! Glorious bastards..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oh wow, thats a beauty..you have excellent taste Enn. I'll have to look this one up, newly described? I love taxonomists! Glorious bastards..

I only found it because I'd spotted he had Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus which is a much easier on the pocket price of £17.60 ( $22.40)

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
I havent seen either over here yet. But maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.
They are not over here yet!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Even though they show up in threads on forums overseas since 2011 and formerly described in 2014. to make matters worse they are the first arboreal tarantula described from Mexico......so damn close but not here ugghhh!!!!

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
I have also found evidence of another undescribed arboreal from Mexico that appears to be a Pslamo.
Psalmopoeus sp Chiapas (The pic inst mine if its against forum rules please let me know)
cant find much info on it though. Posted by the same one who owns the pics it the thread link above.
Psalmopoeus sp Chiapas, juvenile female..jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have also found evidence of another undescribed arboreal from Mexico that appears to be a Pslamo.
Psalmopoeus sp Chiapas (The pic inst mine if its against forum rules please let me know)
cant find much info on it though. Posted by the same one who owns the pics it the thread link above.
View attachment 23186
Fantastic! Where are these Psalmopoeus?? Why did the D. pentalore sp. "vera cruz" so widely distributed down there, take so long to be differentiated from the D fasciatus? Lack of intelligent data I suppose..surely someone will see the beauty in this sp and take interest..hard to do field work in some areas down there, I expect..props for that, my Mexican and South American brothers.

Thistles

3 Year Member
Steve at arachnoiden has a few interesting Psalmos. I have ecclesiasticus and I got my emeraldus from his import. I think he was the first in the US to get them in. Victorii have been slow coming over because it's not easy to get spiders out of Mexico. If something's smuggled, the Poles will almost always be the first to get it.

Pasodama

3 Year Member
If you have a link please share:)

I guess I kinda made an "oops".
Arachnoiden had some Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus earlier this year. Looks like they no longer have any left.
Pinchers & Pokies had some, in late 2016, but, of course, no longer do.