• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It seems to me...

jtrux

3 Year Member
...that Brachys kick waaaaaay more hairs that any other spider. The only one I had that did it more was my T. Blondi, other than that Brachys are terrible. It seems that everytime I open the enclosure it goes nuts. Rarely do any of my current or past Grammastolas (I generally keep just grams and brachys) kick any hairs at all.

I'm looking for a PZB right now too because the ones i've handled have been great.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My Grams Kick like crazy.. But your right. Blondi are the undisputed champs of kicking.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't mind the kicking. It actually makes me like them more. I like a little attitude.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very good . Back on spiders tho none of mine kick as most of them don't have much hair as they are tiny. I have a philosophy that the grammastolas are bolder than most species so less inclined to flick hair,.the others seem to flick out of panic. I was warned that my Genova were skittish and flicked hair but they have been very good.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My juvie B. vagans, granted whom I have had less than a month, kicked hairs at me for the first time last night when I was rearranging her enclosure. She happily climbed into the spare deli cup so I could work in her enclosure but didn't want to get out and kicked hairs like mad when I was trying to coax her out! I finally just let her sit there in the deli cup and pulled it out later when she finally decided to more on.

Latest posts