• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this soil safe?

Jorogumo

3 Year Member
Went to Lowes and bought topsoil...I'm pretty sure it's safe but wanted to double check

NCM_0107[1].JPG

NCM_0108[1].JPG
NCM_0109[1].JPG
NCM_0107[1].JPG NCM_0108[1].JPG NCM_0109[1].JPG

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
The Lowes website says it does not include fertilizer but it also says it is NOT organic. I'd proceed with caution. Do some more reading on the brand's website. Feel free to link us to it, if you'd like so we can help.

GTarantula

3 Year Member
If its truly organic it won't have Organic Materials listed. Anything with Organic Materials anywhere on the package is harmful to reptiles so I'd think it would be bad for most pets in general. You should stick to Eco Earth and other products made for reptiles as its the safest imo.

CrystalRose

3 Year Member
I've looked at topsoil too but I didn't trust it so decided to stay with eco earth. You don't have to change the substrate in a T enclosure very often so the cost of using eco earth isn't that bad.

Latest posts