• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this possible?

Sabeth

3 Year Member
My B. smithi has a leg-span of 3 inches. I have had her about three weeks and during that time she has eaten 7 crickets (I feed 6-8 per month). Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but I could swear she's gotten slightly bigger in just that short space of time. Is this possible?

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I don't know how recently she molted, but the bald patch on her abdomen is a pinkish color, which I've read is what it looks like when they're in intermolt, or not about to molt, so maybe she did have a recent molt. Thanks a lot!

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
its possible you receive the T right after a molt so maybe it started filling out its new body if that make sense. another way to think of it is that when they molt they end up reduce in mass but gain in size. once the start feeding again the fill up with mass again (think like a ballon in a sense) and does look bigger since you got it.