• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this Mold?

Hayden Daniels

3 Year Member
Hey guys, I noticed today that there is some white stuff forming in a few spots in the bottom of my T's terrarium. All three spots are below the substrate and against the glass. If it is mold, what should I do about it? And is it harmful to my T?

Attachments

• mold.JPG
    mold.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 606

Therasoid

3 Year Member
hi, the bits on the glass look like spider pooooo to me :D its best to pick any white bits off the substrate when ever u see them.
+1
Agree on the "poo".
Isn't this your G. rosea enclosure? It will usually go to the enclosure sides to poo. Just remove it and any bolus you see in there. I wouldn't worry too much.
With nearly 100 Ts, cage maintenance, for me, is the most time consuming, just part of good husbandry practice.

Hayden Daniels

3 Year Member
Thanks so much! And yes it is my G. Rosea's enclosure. Just wanting to eliminate any variables to tell why he could be acting defensive lately, I think he's just going into pre-molt and is a little sensitive. Again thanks for the help.

swimbait

3 Year Member
Thanks so much! And yes it is my G. Rosea's enclosure. Just wanting to eliminate any variables to tell why he could be acting defensive lately, I think he's just going into pre-molt and is a little sensitive. Again thanks for the help.

Do you know its a he? If this is a mature male it will be its last molt

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, not to hijack this thread or anything but I would just like to have the original questions answered.

If it is mold, what do we do with it? and is there a significant effect it can have on the T?

Thanks in advance for any reply. :T:

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If it is mold, remove it. if it seems to be spreading, full tear down and through cleaning is in order. Mold can kill ur tarantula.