• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my tarantula ok?

Hellequiin

Hello! I have my first tarantula for a week, I believe is an Lasyodora parahybana, she has 8 months. I'm a little worried because since the moment she arrived, she is always in the same position. She just move when I stimulate her , but I try not to do it too often to avoid stressing her out. I have measured the temperature and is around 25°C, the humidity is 75%, I gave her shelter, water, and she ate three days ago. Is this normal?

Thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-20 at 9.01.44 PM.jpeg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Tarantulas can sit still for long periods but if you've only had her a week she'll still be settling in. The main thing is that she's eaten for you, always a good sign.

GarField000

3 Year Member
I don't know what you have on the bottom, but it looks very large pieces.
They would like some 'dirt' where she can dig into to make a save house so she can feel more save and more relaxed.
Do you have an overal picture from the enclosure?

Hellequiin

I don't know what you have on the bottom, but it looks very large pieces.
They would like some 'dirt' where she can dig into to make a save house so she can feel more save and more relaxed.
Do you have an overal picture from the enclosure?
It's a mixture of peat moss and coconut fiber, and that pieces came with the coconut fiber, should I remove it?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-21 at 2.05.00 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-21 at 2.05.00 PM (1).jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-21 at 2.05.00 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-21 at 2.05.00 PM.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 11

GarField000

3 Year Member
She can go in the hide, but she can't dig it deeper.
I would indeed remove the big chunks so she can dig in the dirt and hide better.
If she feels save, she feels better, if she feels better she will be more happy

Hellequiin

She can go in the hide, but she can't dig it deeper.
I would indeed remove the big chunks so she can dig in the dirt and hide better.
If she feels save, she feels better, if she feels better she will be more happy

Thank you! I'm going to remove those big pieces and I hope she feels better with it :D

Latest posts