• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my Aphonopelma Chalcodes about to molt?

Tboltguy1000

Hi everyone,

Recently, I noticed my Aphonopelma Chalcodes webbed up the entrance to her hide and covered it with a large ball of substrate. Is she sealing it off because she's in pre-molt?

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yup. My girl did that 2 years ago for 8 months. I thought for sure she molted sometime during that fasting period. Nope. It's been nearly 3 years since her last molt. You just can't tell with this species.

DIsbell

I am going through the same thing currently with my A. chalcodes. She lightly webbed up her entrance. I am assuming she is in premolt. Her cute butt is a bit darker now. However, I only had her for 2 months. I just keep fresh water for her and leave her alone. Sometimes, she comes to the surface as I see her pedipalps so that is when I know she is okay. She is my only T, and I would love to have a G. pulchra once I feel ready.

Latest posts