• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is he hungry or no?

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
So every time I feed my T, (he eats large crickets) I hold the cricket with my tweezers in front of him, or put the cricket in his funnel web, Aragon will bite the cricket and hold on to it for a few seconds, but drops him and doesn't go after it until the cricket is DEAD. Is this normal for a Pink Toe? Just curious.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sounds like he's just not hungry. It is possible he's in pre-moult.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Yeah I thought about that as well, but I got fresh crickets last night, fed him this morning and he grabbed that cricket in a instant this morning, he is still chowing down! :)

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Mine will do that with anything placed in its web if it isn't hungry. Then I have to pull out dead crickets or roaches from the bottom of the enclosure. I think it's more of a defensive thing than a feeding thing. My opinion.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
My king baboon bites anything that goes near him. So me to have to get dead locust out.

Yeah I just filled his water for him not that long ago, and when I touched him with my long tweezers he pulled up both his front legs..not sure why, hasn't done that before, but he still is a wild arachnid and has natural instincts.

Latest posts