• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Injured juvenile

falkorsheart

I recently bought a very young T. Blondi (unsexed), set up a nice enclosure, and let it settle in for about a day. I went to feed it and noticed one of their pedipalps was clearly not in good shape, looking at them closer I realized other legs were also disfigured (still functional, just disfigured) and more importantly the fangs were messed up as well. It’s impossible to feed them and I am lost on what to do, clearly the last molt was unsuccessful but I don’t know how to help them. It has only eaten one small cricket since I got it (two weeks ago) which I know is often normal, but they have been attempting to feed, just can’t.

GarField000

3 Year Member
First off you should contact the seller. They should have seen it was not in the perfect condition.

Normal if they lose a leg it will grow back in time. But fangs are a whole other thing. They need that to eat. No fangs is no food. If legs, pedipalps and fangs are not alright, something on the inside also may not be right. The only thing you can do it try to feed it and keep it hydrated.

Latest posts