• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

informations

LordJepjep

3 Year Member
I need some information about Chaco hold knee tarantula and I need some answers to my questions. Why does the water dish lose alot of water but I don't see it drink from it and why is my tarantula moving some of the substrate.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Your T will drink when you're not around, often at night and water evaporates too aiding humidity in the container. As for moving substrate that is just a T thing, some do it more than others.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I need some information about Chaco hold knee tarantula and I need some answers to my questions. Why does the water dish lose alot of water but I don't see it drink from it and why is my tarantula moving some of the substrate.
It's a tarantula lol. Tarantulas dig. It's mentioned in various books and online sources.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would test the dish. Remove it from the enclosure and fill it on a plate and leave it overnight. Need to rule that out. I am surprised how many are flawed even by some of the reputable pet companies. Once you rule that out, you either have a thirsty spider, too much heat in the tank or you, if you have moss, make sure the moss is not touching it as it will empty the dish daily.

Latest posts