• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm New, Looking for T's

Meg Porter

3 Year Member
Hey all :)

I'm new, just found this forum. I know this is probably not customary, but as I'm not finding any takers on my facebook pages (I guess there aren't a lot of people who like spiders!!??) I thought I'd start searching online. That's how I found this forum.

I'm a photographer, based in Atlanta GA - I did a shoot on pythons last year, and was interested in shooting spiders (Ugh, I'm not a huge fan - really, they give me the heebees, but I'm trying to keep an open mind (like the snakes)) this year for October). While shooting, I'd also like to learn a little about the species I'm photographing. I'm happy to send you over the pictures for letting me photograph your spider. I'm not just interested in T's, I'm trying to find, photograph and type a summary of about 10 different species, whether that be a few types of T's or some garden varieties in Georgia, it will happen :)

Here is a link to the snakes - http://megporterphotography.com/snakes/

If anyone is in Georgia and might be interested, please let me know on here! I'm going to start reading up :)

Fascinating and ugh.

Cheers,
Meg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey all :)

I'm new, just found this forum. I know this is probably not customary, but as I'm not finding any takers on my facebook pages (I guess there aren't a lot of people who like spiders!!??) I thought I'd start searching online. That's how I found this forum.

I'm a photographer, based in Atlanta GA - I did a shoot on pythons last year, and was interested in shooting spiders (Ugh, I'm not a huge fan - really, they give me the heebees, but I'm trying to keep an open mind (like the snakes)) this year for October). While shooting, I'd also like to learn a little about the species I'm photographing. I'm happy to send you over the pictures for letting me photograph your spider. I'm not just interested in T's, I'm trying to find, photograph and type a summary of about 10 different species, whether that be a few types of T's or some garden varieties in Georgia, it will happen :)

Here is a link to the snakes - http://megporterphotography.com/snakes/

If anyone is in Georgia and might be interested, please let me know on here! I'm going to start reading up :)

Fascinating and ugh.

Cheers,
Meg
Oh my gosh, lol! There are THOUSANDS of people who LOVE and adore spiders!!!! You've come to the right place, for sure. I can also PM you with other areas that have hobbyists, breeders, vendors, etc. that may be able to help you out with your little project! :). Good luck with it, BTW! I wish you all the best!!!

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Are you planning to travel to the keepers to photograph the spiders?Or, Do you want to buy some spiders?
Shipping them is very risky. I don't think you will find many keepers willing to ship their tarantulas out to you for a photo shoot, then have them shipped back.