• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm new and cant own a tarantula just yet

elektragrl

3 Year Member
Hello everyone,
I'm alley and I still live at home with my mom and its this little fact that keeps me from having any T's. I know she would kill them at any means necessary. So I have started to look for a new home and made a wish list of maybe 3 T's I want. Anyone have breeds they just love to look at? Not big on handling!

Therasoid

3 Year Member
I agree with TheJuicyFruit about the curlies. I got one free with an order and fell in love with it, I now have 3
I agree with B. albopilosum, out in the open, very hardy, good eaters, and mine thinks she's a bulldozer.[emoji4]
I suggest a B. sabolusom, also a Grammostola pulchra as great ones to have starting your collection. Later, maybe add a B. smithi, B. emilia for their coloration, followed by a G. pulchripes. Any of the Aphonopelma would make a fine addition. All are easy to care for and very hardy, stick with NW terrestrial species. Get the basic husbandry skills down before advancing to the faster, more defensive species.
Happy T'ing and welcome to the forum.[emoji106]