• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US I'm looking for true spiders for sale that you will ship to california for $25

Neilwallace

3 Year Member
i'm looking to buy some true spiders but i don't want to have to pay the usual $40 BS that most sellers offer, i am from california and won't pay more that $25 for shipping.

some true spiders i'm looking for are:

black widow
wolf spider
huntsman
Latrodectus hasselti

but i will take what you have available

Last edited:

Neilwallace

3 Year Member
Good luck
jamies tarantulas ships to california for $15 and theinvertshop.com ships for $6.50, so why does every other seller ship for $40 or more? that's just pure greed that they just put in their own pocket. i would buy true spiders from those websites but they don't have any available just tarantulas.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Obviously you don't understand how it works...
Yes she ships for 15 bucks 1-3 days. More likely youll see them on the 3rd day. You have one hour to decide if that T is going to live or not. From the time it is said to have been delivered. That package is not cared for by the courier. They are tossed around, from truck to truck, they sit in hot/cold trucks for hours ect ect... no hurry to get it to its destination.

Jamie's 45 dollar shipping comes exactly 1 day from ordering and doesnt sit around. In fact my Ts have always come first thing next day (12hrs)...thats impressive. Also you have 3 days to report a problem.

3 days to diagnose a problem with a T is huge. Worth every penny to me.

You can't diagnose how many times that T got kicked/shaken in transition in one hour...and there are lots of people that hate Ts. It says Jamies Tarantulas on the box... I had a delivery guy toss my T's in the air playing catch as he walked up to my door. He told me it was just bugs and to calm down.... needless to say he got fired.

Over priced...not in my eyes.

Last edited:

Neilwallace

3 Year Member
seeing how both jamie and i are from california jamie's $15 shipping arrives the next day for me, and swiftinvernts.com is from Missouri and their $25 shipping comes 2 days later i have never bought any spiders that took more than 2 days. but yeah maybe i should say the max i'm willing to pay is $25 then like swiftsinverts costs. because even all that you said i still think that $40 is too much to pay for shipping ESPECIALLY considering how every seller i have seen says if your spider arrives DOA you will have to pay the $40 shipping again to be sent another spider. so the seller can just send you a dead spider and say oh, sorry just send me $40 and we can try it again. hell no! but yeah to a poor person like me $40 is too much but for someone with money $40 is just a little insurance policy or something. but for someone who only buys a $10 sling and has to pay $40 to ship it that to me is too much.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Dont understand what your complaining about since you have all the answers in California?? Someone living in Montana, south Dakota or some other rule area with no invert shops at all appreciate the extra cost in live guaranteed shipping. Especially in the winter.

Neilwallace

3 Year Member
Dont understand what your complaining about since you have all the answers in California?? Someone living in Montana, south Dakota or some other rule area with no invert shops at all appreciate the extra cost in live guaranteed shipping. Especially in the winter.
but yea this thread wasn't created to discuss who is right or wrong about what is the right shipping costs, i'm just wondering if any one is willing to ship me some true spiders for $15 or $25, if not then whatever.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I understand Bro...I originally said good luck. Then you quoted me and asked me about high costs so I shared....why, my opinion and my experiences. Never saying who was wrong or right.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
i'm looking to buy some true spiders but i don't want to have to pay the usual $40 BS that most sellers offer, i am from california and won't pay more that $25 for shipping.

some true spiders i'm looking for are:

black widow
wolf spider
huntsman
Latrodectus hasselti

but i will take what you have available

I can ship those express for $25. I can catch a few black widows...maybe some species of wolf spiders, too. I also have access to false widows if interested. Let me know. :)

Neilwallace

3 Year Member
I can ship those express for $25. I can catch a few black widows...maybe some species of wolf spiders, too. I also have access to false widows if interested. Let me know. :)
i don't get paid till 5 more days if you find a female black widow and a wolfspider of any gender can you please save them for me i will buy them in 5 days, i just don't have enough money at this very moment. if you can wait 5 days that would be awesome.

Sharno

3 Year Member
Neilwallace, you can probably find black widows in the wild here in So Cal. I don't see as many in the winter, but in the spring and summer I find them readily in the backyard - look near woodpiles or in dark places. If you want brown widows, there are hundreds. I have one sitting on my desk because I saw her next to the hose faucet and brought her in for awhile. I'm happy to send her to you if you want her, she's been munching on leftover crickets.

Neilwallace

3 Year Member
Neilwallace, you can probably find black widows in the wild here in So Cal. I don't see as many in the winter, but in the spring and summer I find them readily in the backyard - look near woodpiles or in dark places. If you want brown widows, there are hundreds. I have one sitting on my desk because I saw her next to the hose faucet and brought her in for awhile. I'm happy to send her to you if you want her, she's been munching on leftover crickets.
cool yea i would like her but i don't want to have to pay $25 to ship it to me :rolleyes:, how much would you ship it to me for? and i don't have any money right now i get paid in 5 days :oops: