• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i want to know how much is this ?

Phạm Vinh

3 Year Member
Hello somebody
Anyone can tell me price of this guy ? Does this can grow up anymore ?
Pls help. Thanks :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks like A brocklehursti, or geniculata. Hard to tell size with no reference. If that is an adult female she is about $150 american.

Last edited:

Meludox

3 Year Member
I agree fully, it's either an A. brocklehursti or A. geniculata. Hard to tell them apart though. But what's the context here? Is this a spider you're buying or trying to sell, or?

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Genic. Doesn't the genic have lines running down the legs and the brocklhursti have solid bars, with no lines? That's what I was led to believe..
And then there is the debate about brocklehursti being the hobby variety of geniculata. There is paper somewhere that was saying they are the same species.

Thistles

3 Year Member
Genic. Doesn't the genic have lines running down the legs and the brocklhursti have solid bars, with no lines? That's what I was led to believe..
Not quite. The most recent reclassification has moved animals formerly known as brocklehursti under the geniculata umbrella. They're now seen as just a color variant, but should probably still be kept separate from regular genics. There are a few ways to differentiate between the two, but the vanilla genic appears to have thicker banding and there is a minor difference in pattern at the joints. I can direct you to a few pictures if you're interested, but they aren't my images so I don't want to just post them without proper credit.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I need to get current on this I guess, I have a large mature female and a sling/juvie female, both sold as genics by a reputable breeder.. I still feel like I need to check though. Just so I know.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'll send you a pm with some pics in a few minutes.
That was an interesting thread, and I love that the good doctor provided a summary of the Paula paper...I'm sure it's very dry reading but I'm going to go over it tonight. So they narrowed it down to regional variations.. I can certainly live with that;)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well crap. This is where I wish I had my import/export. Not too far away, though, lol.....I can't wait! So many good deals with so many dealers! The sad part about it is that the vast majority don't offer lag of any kind unless shipping within their own country.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
However, I think I'd have to order more than just 1 Tarantula, given all the fees I have to pay for it to go through customs.....not worth it just buying one Tarantula. Unless, of course, it was an immature breeding pair of Aphonopelma moorei. Now I wouldn't hesitate to drop a couple grand on that!!!!! :-D

Latest posts