• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I TRY NOT TO SAY THISBUT MY SPIDER FELL IS SHE DYING

torstrum

3 Year Member
my spider was just in her water dish trying to climb up the glass, she slipped back a bit and seemed to recover but now I'm terrified. She went to climb again and now I can see clear liquid coming out of her fangs and it seems to be coming out of her abdomen by the legs. is she dyin plz hlep
edit it appears to be her fangs, she hasn't eaten in a while. I thought she was molting then I threw a cricket in, she suddenly started moving around her tank. She didn't do this after eating the cricket, because I saw it while this happened. Today or yesterday the cricket disappeared, didn't look too hard but I didn't see a definable bolus or any cricket corpse. still worried why is this happening? she seemed to be trying to climb the walls and was slipping a bit, might just be paranoid but she seemed maybe unsteady. There seemed a tiny bit of substrate(dry ecoearth) on her feet(she was just in the water).

torstrum

3 Year Member
also now that I've said all I could say the light was on(tank covered) it's off now. and merry christmas and happy holidays everyone

Bones Wiggill

3 Year Member
Keep an close eye on her. Sounds as if she might be bleeding. You mention she ate, so that takes out the possibility that she is preparing to molt. If she makes it I would recommend changing you vivarium so that she cannot fall that far. Good luck

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sounds lime she just got wet. As for the slipping, she may be approaching premolt. They tend to lose grip during premolt. Tarantula hemolymph (blood) is clear with a blue tint to it.

torstrum

3 Year Member
she was only almost all legs off the ground. her butt was at the bottom maybe a centimeter from the dish. she sort of fell back, she caught herself and recovered(It's seemed like since she stopped eateing or a little before she hasn't had the grip to get more than her body length off the ground). Landing splayed out, then started walking to the glass on the other wall-side of the dish, that's when I saw it. It looked almost like she was venoming or something, but there was some all around the ring of her middle bit(around where the legs attatch, it went away before the stuff by her mouth did). I also recently removed a lot of the top layer of her subtrate, picking up lots of the mat. She appeare to web up the dish a little while doing this, and appeared to be webbing a little from the start.

Scoolman and Bones I thought she was. for literally a couple of months now she has refused food and not been too active. Crickets have brushed past her and she's moved out of their way(only fed em to her and monthly of less, this is the first she may have eaten btw, because I'm terrified I'll just accidentally starve her and she isn't about to molt). but I guess she may have eaten this one(no bolus, but no corpse either and they're usually more easy to find)

that help any more? And thanks guys!

Last edited: