• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I NEED SOME URGENT HELP! (thin)

Leepbby

3 Year Member
P.S: the thread includes many pictures of new species including many never seen Ceratogyrus. Including mine as well, even if I am taking the risk of suffering the wrath that usually comes with crossbreeding.
Here is my Ceratogyrus versicolor.
1634906708580.png
Best looking versicolor I've ever seen .... Absolutely STUNNING!!:cool:

TokeHound

I'm trying to imagine a world where I spend $200 on a new tarantula and decide to put it in a used, unclean, disgusting enclosure with brown/black fetid water and then have the audacity to catch an attitude when folks with decades of experience in the hobby give me advice.
What's immature about this whole thing, is the person is asking for advice and then getting offended by the advice.

Spencerific86

I bought a female horned-Baboon Tarantula from a website but when it arrived the poor little thing's abdomen is thin and shriveled like a dried raisin. the website had some bad reviews but i purchased the tarantula from them anyways. what should i do and is she going to die?

by the way if someone is in the los angles area and can help her you can take her and heal her but i can't just give it away because the spider cost $200 from that website if you can give me some of it back then you can have her otherwise i will try to heal her myself.
Just try ro rehydrate with proper husbandry and offer it some crickets , roaches whichever ur feed method is . If shes still moving around your chances of bringing her health up is way high. Dont give up u got this.

Vial Creatures

3 Year Member
well i paid extra money for a female. and i looked up what pedipalps are and it doesn't have any.

Those frontal appendages are the peds. You mean to say it lacks bulbous/enlarged pedipalps or palpal bulbs, with front legs often developing tibial hooks (as is the case with Ceratogyrus spp.) Whatever the case—200 is far too step for a female, with males IMO worthless.

I’ve received similar specimens, which would always bounce back like a plant. You should have—hopefully—observed this improvement by now, having offered or even slightly submerged in a shallow dish. The latter should exclude book-lungs, with opisthoma left out. Dehydration could also be symptomatic rather than the route of the cause.

I would personally recommend you to try arochnoboards: https://arachnoboards.com/
It is a much better place where people are a lot nicer, friendlier and patient, especially with new comers/beginners in need of help with basic husbandry.
I’ve heard the opposite to be true on AB which seems to be some kind of greener grass. While the hobby generally attracts good people, it's still social media. People are fallible; I see plenty of help being offered though. Like it or not—be open to what you ask for.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Those frontal appendages are the peds. You mean to say it lacks bulbous/enlarged pedipalps or palpal bulbs, with front legs often developing tibial hooks (as is the case with Ceratogyrus spp.) Whatever the case—200 is far too step for a female, with males IMO worthless.

I’ve received similar specimens, which would always bounce back like a plant. You should have—hopefully—observed this improvement by now, having offered or even slightly submerged in a shallow dish. The latter should exclude book-lungs, with opisthoma left out. Dehydration could also be symptomatic rather than the route of the cause.

I’ve heard the opposite to be true on AB which seems to be some kind of greener grass. While the hobby generally attracts good people, it's still social media. People are fallible; I see plenty of help being offered though. Like it or not—be open to what you ask for.
@Vial Creatures , thank you. I was actually being facetious. Being French sarcasm seems to be part of my DNA ;)
As I had some doubts on the OP claim, added to the fact that he was disappointed by our poor level of expertise, I thought the least I could do was to recommend somewhere else he might be able to find what he was looking for….

Vial Creatures

3 Year Member
@Vial Creatures , thank you. I was actually being facetious. Being French sarcasm seems to be part of my DNA ;)

It's just too clever for me to have caught that lol. Great diatribe in general especially with the climactic inclusion of unicorns.

Thank YOU. I think I'm beginning to understand Cyriopagopus. While I'd once thought arachnids already had plenty of stuff coming out of them, I'm now for horns in all forms.