• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need some advice

jduwaik

Hey, I got a grammostola pulchra about a month ago and they haven't been eating. I have tried different foods. Now they have been just been laying down on there side or on their stomach for a couple of minutes then running around the enclosure. I'm not sure what to do or what they are doing. I'm not sure of the gender yet either.

Attachments

• 157011.jpeg
    157011.jpeg
    567.6 KB · Views: 17

jduwaik

As well should I change anything about the enclosure. These are older pictures. She isn't in defense anymore.

Attachments

• PXL_20240124_002700683.jpg
    PXL_20240124_002700683.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20240130_003744862.jpg
    PXL_20240130_003744862.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She could still be settling in to her new home which looks fine. She looks healthy so I'd just keep her water topped up and try feeding her but remove uneaten food after 24 hours.

jduwaik

Thank you. I'll try feeding her Tuesday again, but if she doesn't should I just leave her been for a week to see she molts?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, that would be best it will cause her less stress if she is moulting.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I feed all of mine live but if you feel happier you can pre-kill them.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Should it be alive or dead. It would be dubias and I would have to kill it

With roaches, crush the head & drop on their backs. Like that, they move their feet rapidly & are more likely to get a good feeding response. A roach will live for several days without it's head & if you do not crush the head, there is a good chance that the roach will burrow & not be eaten or be removed.

I found very few of my T's would eat dubias. Which was a pain, as I had a colony of them.