• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I have

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats on joining the addiction.

What species is it and what size? Info needed to be able to advise you on how to keep it.

Courtney Dayle

3 Year Member
He (or she) is an Oklahoma Brown and he's about an inch or inch and a half across. He's little. To be honest, I caught him at work when someone was trying to squish him. I didn't want him to freeze to death outside so I don't know if I should let him go yet...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good on you for saving it. I've never kept that species but I'm sure someone will be along soon with good advice.

Courtney Dayle

3 Year Member
He was cold so he's curled up. He's active.

Attachments

• 20141206_190856.jpg
    20141206_190856.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
He/she looks cute.

I think it needs to be kept on pretty dry substrate but you can give it a small water bowl, a lot of people use small bottle tops, and something to hide under like a piece of cork bark, plastic plant or even a little piece of the tube from a toilet paper roll. If it's been out in the cold, normal room temperature should be ok.

As I say I have no experience of them but I'm sure he/she'll be fine until someone more knowledgeable comes along.

Courtney Dayle

3 Year Member
I have him in a plastic shoe box from Wal-mart with potting soil about an inch or two deep. He also has one toilet paper roll and a paper towel roll. He likes the paper towel one better it seems. He's built a little web inside it. He was out and running around earlier when I checked on him.