• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I guess that day had to come for me too

Marija

3 Year Member
Oh thats right, you're the one that got four new pokies awhile back, I remember now. Have you looked at any Psalmopoeus? Theres a few newer ones. Well, one newer one. I'm a fan of campbridgei myself. I've never seen faster growing spiders..my three tiny slings are now 3" long, eat like Theraphosa, come out more than irminia and most pokies I've seen, and they look like little freakin commandos with those colors..plus from what ive seen, they dont poopy on the walls like avics..so far..
Bonus.
Yeah, striata was one of those four. I actually have a P cambridgei and I adore it, gorgeous little T. Mine is a bit over 2", grew a lot since I had it and eats like a piggy. :) I love their coloration.

Louise

3 Year Member
Hey, I'm sorry your youngen died! My sweet heart died Saturday, she was a 10yr chilli rose, my heart is so broken, I wondered if you can keep them? Or I don't know, I can't get rid of her...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey, I'm sorry your youngen died! My sweet heart died Saturday, she was a 10yr chilli rose, my heart is so broken, I wondered if you can keep them? Or I don't know, I can't get rid of her...

I bury mine in the garden and put a pretty plant over it.

Marija

3 Year Member
Thanks. Sorry to hear about yours too.
I keep the little one in a closed vial so it doesn't stink, didn't have the heart to throw it out... Probably the best way is like Enn said, to bury the poor thing :(

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
the few i've lost are in the back yard, i don't have a garden to put them in. A co-worker just gave me a big like 5 gallon outdoor decorative pot for plants so whenever Moe kicks the bucket he'll go in there to help fertilize them.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Very sorry for your loss. I've had my fair share of loss as of lately so completely understand how you feel. I've kept exotics since I was 10 years old and lost some animals over the years. Don't matter if its a snake I've had for over a decade or a spider I just got a few months ago. It always hurts but thats the beauty of this hobby. Just shows deep down how much we care for these animals.

Latest posts