• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I can haz T?

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My hubby surprised me with a T!

It was sold as a juvie red rump, B. vagans. I know it needs to molt before I can really tell but any idea if it is male or female? The little dude rode all the way home munching his cricket he had before we bought him, acting like he really didn't care. :) A very chill little dude so far.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 14

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Working on that this morning Kenny. There were only a couple T's in the shop with this type substrate. Most looked like a coco mix.

:)

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok, the new B. vagans is not liking his new substrate on first inspection! Hopefully he will settle in today while I am in class. I used packed coco.

Attachments

• photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 11

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think it is a male. Going to try and get a better ventral pic in a couple days when he settles in. The hubby is going to try and give me a second opinion tonight if he is still hanging on the side of the tank.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks to Kenny for helping me figure out the sex of my T and teaching me how to sex T's!

My B. vagans is a girl!!!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What time is it now? Its ten past twelve here. You must be bouncing off the walls with impatience

Latest posts