• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity problems

marya1962

3 Year Member
I have a rosehair tarantula. It is kept on jungle bedding mixed with coconut bark. The problem is that I use a ceramic heat bulb for the enclosure as the house is fairly cold (60-65 degrees) and the bulb dries out the enclosure quickly despite a large water dish. What can I do to up the humidity?

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes get rid of the bulb, before you cook her. A small heat mat would be much better. But 60 is not too cold for a G rosea, though she will be less active at that temp.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
You can fine-tune humidity by covering more or less of the enclosure's ventilation with plastic wrap. Just make sure that no condensation ever forms inside the tank.

marya1962

3 Year Member
Ok, I took out the ceramic heat lamp and put a under tank heater on the back of the terrarium. It has a tendency to get lowest 52-55 degrees at night and stay about 60-65 during the day in our house so I feel she needs some assistance with heat. She spends a lot of time in her den pressed up against the heat mat so I guess she agrees. At night she is still getting out and hunting so she is still active. Is this good or better than what I had?

jon ross

3 Year Member
Defo better. Remember its better for a t to be abit cold than too hot. Just like us rele. If your cold ypu can warm up but if your hot you cant cool down. Id say ypu house temp is ok but try to find out ehat temp the tank is

Latest posts