• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Homeless, sad to sell Mature GBB

Indigo

3 Year Member
Hello my Tarantula Forum Family!

Due to some very messed up and unfortunate circumstances, I now have no choice but to sell my bestfriend whom I've only had a little over a year now
We have no place to live at the moment, and it's been getting hard to the care of her. My GBB needs a new family.

>Selling my Mature Unsexed Green Bottle Blue Tarantula, for the same price I bought [her] for $170
>WILL INCLUDE ALL OF HER BELONGINGS; such as enclosure, her favorite branch and hide, her favorite water dish and my favorite tongs.
>Shipping will be added to the price above once I figure out how to actually do all of this.

** I have never shipped/sold a family member or live creature, so advice on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated.

Background:
Birthday gift to myself, a longed for beautiful Tarantula to call my bestfriend. Was told she was a female upon purchase, but through some forum discussions later on, it is of question now if she might be a he.View attachment 20894 View attachment 20895 I named her Raven, knowing she was in her last molt. After that successful molt which took place a few months back, she blossomed into "Mystique"
Male or Female, she has been great and very loved. I hope her new owner will continue to love and appreciate her as I did

View attachment 20897 View attachment 20898 View attachment 20899 View attachment 20897 View attachment 20898 View attachment 20899

Redacted

3 Year Member
Hello my Tarantula Forum Family!

Due to some very messed up and unfortunate circumstances, I now have no choice but to sell my bestfriend whom I've only had a little over a year now
We have no place to live at the moment, and it's been getting hard to the care of her. My GBB needs a new family.

>Selling my Mature Unsexed Green Bottle Blue Tarantula, for the same price I bought [her] for $170
>WILL INCLUDE ALL OF HER BELONGINGS; such as enclosure, her favorite branch and hide, her favorite water dish and my favorite tongs.
>Shipping will be added to the price above once I figure out how to actually do all of this.

** I have never shipped/sold a family member or live creature, so advice on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated.

Background:
Birthday gift to myself, a longed for beautiful Tarantula to call my bestfriend. Was told she was a female upon purchase, but through some forum discussions later on, it is of question now if she might be a he.View attachment 20894 View attachment 20895 I named her Raven, knowing she was in her last molt. After that successful molt which took place a few months back, she blossomed into "Mystique"
Male or Female, she has been great and very loved. I hope her new owner will continue to love and appreciate her as I did

View attachment 20897 View attachment 20898 View attachment 20899 View attachment 20897 View attachment 20898 View attachment 20899
I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm sure your pal will go to a good home here.

swimbait

3 Year Member
I hate to be that guy, but you paid entirely too much for that tarantula in the first place. There is no such thing as a "mature unsexed" tarantula. That tarantula is more than big enough to be sexed and somebody would be crazy to spend close to the asked price on a gbb that size that isn't a confirmed female. You will not get $170 for this. Also, when shipping, you don't ship enclosures. I wish you luck in finding a home for it, you'll have a lot better chance if you drop your price about 100$

Indigo

3 Year Member
I hate to be that guy, but you paid entirely too much for that tarantula in the first place. There is no such thing as a "mature unsexed" tarantula. That tarantula is more than big enough to be sexed and somebody would be crazy to spend close to the asked price on a gbb that size that isn't a confirmed female. You will not get $170 for this. Also, when shipping, you don't ship enclosures. I wish you luck in finding a home for it, you'll have a lot better chance if you drop your price about 100$

Omg! As much as that was a bummer to read, I love that you were 'that guy'! haha
That's really good to hear as a newbie in the T World, no doubt. But yes, that just sucks all around then haha I searched for 4-6 months specifically for a Female GBB and felt "lucky" to come across that price and size. Plus the seller included the housing, substrate and all. It was a splurge but I felt it was worth it- I was naive lol
Yes, I will definitely change the price and stuff. She really needs a warm home :/

swimbait

3 Year Member
Omg! As much as that was a bummer to read, I love that you were 'that guy'! haha
That's really good to hear as a newbie in the T World, no doubt. But yes, that just sucks all around then haha I searched for 4-6 months specifically for a Female GBB and felt "lucky" to come across that price and size. Plus the seller included the housing, substrate and all. It was a splurge but I felt it was worth it- I was naive lol
Yes, I will definitely change the price and stuff. She really needs a warm home :/

If you have never had experience with shipping, you might look at posting it locally on craigslist. You may be able to get someone to take it with the enclosure and all that way. You didn't pay an absurdly horrible price had it been confirmed female, but that doesn't sound like the case. A member here is currently selling a 4" confirmed female for 150" if that gives you an idea. Good luck!

Latest posts