• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi guys!

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Hey! newbie here, handling one Chilean rose T. hoping to have more different kinds of Tarantulas.
OMG!! [emoji33] Another beginner starting with G. rosea. Just kidding, many have started with these. Lol!
You'll soon understand the real meaning of "addiction". Only 2 known cures are available: 1) you run out of money to buy more. 2) you run out of room for more. Key word "more".
Anyway welcome to the forum and the hobby. [emoji2]

Eliel G.

3 Year Member
OMG!! [emoji33] Another beginner starting with G. rosea. Just kidding, many have started with these. Lol!
You'll soon understand the real meaning of "addiction". Only 2 known cures are available: 1) you run out of money to buy more. 2) you run out of room for more. Key word "more".
Anyway welcome to the forum and the hobby. [emoji2]
Hahaha thank you! nice meeting you

elektragrl

3 Year Member
I got my first Tarantula from a breeder and got sent the wrong tarantula. I ordered an A. Versicolor and got an Orange baboon. I was told I could keep the OBT and my A. Versicolor would be shipped to me no charge. My versicolor died a less then a month after I got it and the OBT is going on its 4th molt. I found a pet store near me and that's where I'll be getting most of my Tarantulas from now on. If you use a breeder be careful who you buy from.

Eliel G.

3 Year Member
I got my first Tarantula from a breeder and got sent the wrong tarantula. I ordered an A. Versicolor and got an Orange baboon. I was told I could keep the OBT and my A. Versicolor would be shipped to me no charge. My versicolor died a less then a month after I got it and the OBT is going on its 4th molt. I found a pet store near me and that's where I'll be getting most of my Tarantulas from now on. If you use a breeder be careful who you buy from.
Woah, that's kinda sad. Thank you for that, I'll be careful. If I'll ever buy a new T from a breeder in the future, I'll make sure that that breeder is trusted.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
I suggest to ALWAYS check the forum's "breeder review" section.There are many very reputable breeders to order from. I've bought from fellow hobbyists on another forum and had very good experiences.
Another plus for me is a monthly reptile show, only a 15 minute drive away. [emoji2]

Eliel G.

3 Year Member
I suggest to ALWAYS check the forum's "breeder review" section.There are many very reputable breeders to order from. I've bought from fellow hobbyists on another forum and had very good experiences.
Another plus for me is a monthly reptile show, only a 15 minute drive away. [emoji2]
Thank you so much! :)

Latest posts