• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi Everyone

Dave S

3 Year Member
I'm relatively new to owning a tarantula. Did a fair amount of online research and reading before I brought one home. Happy to find a forum for the little ones lol

Dave S

3 Year Member
spider 1.jpg Sorry for the lag in replying. Not trying to be rude. Work gets me tied up crazy hours lol
Anyway thanks for the warm welcome

I have a pink toe I got from pet co. Not sure He or She yet.
Beautiful little one though. I have the coconut husk type substrate built up about half the enclosure with a critter cave (wood) turned on end for a hiding place and a fake tree root thing I got from the fish section.
water bowl. temp and humidity gauge.
And crickets lol
It seems to be doing good as of right now Ate 1 moth the day I brought it home. About 5 crickets between yesterday and today.
enclosure is about 80 today 60% humidity.
spider 1.jpg
spider 2.jpg

I hope im on the right path with this, he/she is awesome.
Any advice you have on making his/her life a good one I'd be happy to try.

Dave S

3 Year Member
Keep the humidity up in the 75%-85% range. You can wet the substrate to raise the humidity and provide a shallow water dish. Temps around 75-85 degrees should be fine.

cool ill add a little more water to bring the humidity up. thanks.

how much do you usually feed one about my size. he/she is a bit smaller than a cigarette pack.

So far since sunday we've taken down 1 small moth. and Id say about 6 crickets.

I don't want to over feed. I read its possible to over feed a younger spider more so than an older one. im thinking this one is younger ( guessing by size)
thanks again for the help

Latest posts