• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi everyone

MattyVigilante

Hi all,

This is my first steps into the world of keeping T's, I have always wanted to keep them since I was a kid and now I'm finally in a position to do it.
I've kept reptiles, dogs, cats, rodents, mantids and a few others over the years and I generally find animals far more agreeable that humans .
Anyway, I've been researching for a little while and I have my first juvenile arriving on Tuesday, an Acanthoscurria geniculata.
Just thought I'd say hello

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello! Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay! :) There is tons of good info here and if you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to ask. A lot of knowledgeable folks here.

MattyVigilante

Hello! Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay! :) There is tons of good info here and if you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to ask. A lot of knowledgeable folks here.
Much appreciated, I feel pretty comfortable with my set up and I'm looking forward to growing into the hobby :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome. :)
I'm sure you'll soon have more and don't forget we love pictures.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
Welcome aboard! The A geniculata is a really good tarantula. Mine stays out in the open unless it's going to molt, it's a great eater, and it's really easy to take care of. I think you're going to enjoy yours.

MattB78

Hey,
A. Gen was my second T. They are beautiful, big and a great show species...apparently! Mine very rarely comes out but is still a juvenile.

MattyVigilante

Just on the off chance, are there any "must have books" for keepers? Or does husbandry and care change so often that many of them are obsolete? Just curious :)

Oh, and thank you all for the warm welcome :)

Just on the off chance, are there any "must have books" for keepers? Or does husbandry and care change so often that many of them are obsolete? Just curious :)

Oh, and thank you all for the warm welcome :)
Welcome! I would recommend "The Tarantula Keepers Guide" by Stanley Schulz. It what I picked up when I was getting my first T.

Latest posts