• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hi all

Tguy

3 Year Member
growth rate depends mostly on temps and feeding my t room is kept between 76 -80 at all times ...she ate like a pig for the first year and a bit after that it's like 2-6 a month

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah, I too keep my T room on the warmer side, and get good growth. The only Genus I can't speed up is Aphnopelma. They just don't grow lol

Atx13

3 Year Member
My slings are kept around the low 80's during the day, 75-78 or so at night. My obt is growing pretty fast(i've kept a lot of over the years, and this one is growing the fastest). Never kept G. pulchripes, got her at around 1/4-1/2 inch in size... She has moulted twice, since Dec. 9th. She eats very well. :).

critterkeeper

3 Year Member
i got a red rump. feel like a kid at x-mas t in home.jpg

Pawandinverts

3 Year Member
I would say a B. Smithi (Mexican Redknee) for your first. I would say the best starter tarantula is a Curly Hair Tarantula. They are the slowest moving and least aggressive they are very cheap! Here is a Pic of a smaller one. ;)

Attachments

• DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 10

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We'd love to help you come up with a name. Give us some personality traits, behaviors, quirks, etc. If your T was a human what would they be doing?

Latest posts