• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heteroscodra maculata Sling Enclosure

What kind of enclosure do you prefer

• Store Bought

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Home Made

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Let Them Run Wild In My Room

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The crickets are under half her size and spread out. A goof half dozen escaped through an airhole because I wasn't thinking right.
And? It doesn't matter if they're under half her size, they can still pose a threat to the spider. Hopefully you'll move it into a new enclosure soon. It's only a matter of time before it escapes through those holes.

BeZerk Aveli

3 Year Member
I'll just have to get a bigger spider. If the bigger spider ends up randomly dead, she's probably still in there and doing just fine. If the big spider is just fine, I'd have to assume she escaped through the air holes, and I probably pissed $55 away. Lesson learned I guess.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If I were you I'd check through the substrate a little at a time just to be sure. You can do this by tipping some into a plastic tub and use a brush to sift through it. If you do find it pleae put it in a smaller container using a needle to put air holes in.

This is all you need for a tiny sling

Fleas

3 Year Member
I'll just have to get a bigger spider. If the bigger spider ends up randomly dead, she's probably still in there and doing just fine. If the big spider is just fine, I'd have to assume she escaped through the air holes, and I probably pissed $55 away. Lesson learned I guess.
I don't think getting a bigger spider to coexist with your H Mac is a good idea. If there a McDonalds were your from get a parfait for a dollar eat it clean it make fine holes in it set it up for your H Mac. Look in your cupboards for small food containers with lids am sure you can find something

Ghost

3 Year Member

I'm not sure if your serious or not,but that has to be the worst idea I have ever heard on a forum and I thought I had heard them all.
If you think that doing something like that is the way to go about finding out if you T is still in the enclosure then it's probably time to stop keeping T's.......

If I were you I'd check through the substrate a little at a time just to be sure. You can do this by tipping some into a plastic tub and use a brush to sift through it. If you do find it pleae put it in a smaller container using a needle to put air holes in.

This is all you need for a tiny sling

This is what you should be doing to find out if your H.mac is still in the enclosure......

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Steven Stamps, a breeder and seller of tarantulas, has a video on youtube where he describes how many slings he's lost to crickets...you shouldn't throw a bunch of crickets in and just leave them, for any reason, unless you want a dead spider, or a very annoyed, skittish and defensive spider. And you never put a tiny sling, of any species, in a huge enclosure. Petco is not a good teacher. Research, man.

SasyStace

3 Year Member
I don't think getting a bigger spider to coexist with your H Mac is a good idea. If there a McDonalds were your from get a parfait for a dollar eat it clean it make fine holes in it set it up for your H Mac. Look in your cupboards for small food containers with lids am sure you can find something

those Parfait containers are awesome for slings!