• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!

adz07

3 Year Member
I just got home from work and my g rosea sling is missing it can't have gotten out of its enclosure I was just wondering if any body has had this happen, is it possible if it died and the crickets I put in for him before I left for work could have eaten him at all

katiekatelyn

3 Year Member
I just got home from work and my g rosea sling is missing it can't have gotten out of its enclosure I was just wondering if any body has had this happen, is it possible if it died and the crickets I put in for him before I left for work could have eaten him at all
Don't worry about it, I watched my p.regalis burrow like lightning into hard packed substrate to avoid being rehomed into a new enclosure, leaving no trace of his existence. I had to dig him out and I was amazed at what he had just done. He probably burrowed and did a good job of covering his tracks. :)

adz07

3 Year Member
His substrate wouldn't be deep enough for him to vanish so he definitely isn't in there

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
I have had slings get out they usually stay relatively close to the enclosure and set up shop in stuff nearby. My last escapee used an empty water dish to set up shop abotu 1 foot from his original enclosure. Before that was my OBT that setup shop under his original home.

adz07

3 Year Member
We searched the immediate vacinity but couldn't see him, we have put out some water on the area though just in case he did get out so at least he can find moisture if he wants it

katiekatelyn

3 Year Member
:DI had an OBT sling escape from me a few months ago. I hate some of my neighbors so I told them to BOLO for an extremely aggressive, hungry, and furious killer tarantula.

I neglected to mention it was a third instar baby.

Latest posts