• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP with ideas

lt.thanos

Im new to the hobby is mine i need some ideas for sling enclosures and for juvenile tarantulas worst-case scenario ill pay $25+ for enclosures it'll just outgrow but i know there has to be ideas out there so please help lol. i like the idea of the acrylic boxes, id rather just drill the holes myself if it means save some money:)

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Really easy to find ideas. Spend a little time in the forums especially in the tarantula enclosure section that this is posted in. There are some amazing ideas. Check out Nurse Ratchet, Sparklebaby69, Arachnoclown, Oursapoil, octanejunkie, to name a few.

Part of the fun is looking at things on store shelves and reimaging them as T homes.

In general, make it easy for you the keeper to get in and hard for the T to get out.

The sky is the limit really, or actually your spending limit is the limit.

I am not very handy, but I still enjoy thinking about enclosures.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
Deli cups of various sizes are cheap, clear, and easy to get in large amounts for fairly cheap. I bought a box of the Rubbermaid Brilliance containers from Walmart for about $20 that had a couple diffferent sized containers. A little drilling and soldering iron for making some holes, and they've been great for tarantulas. The plastic is very clear, just be careful with the locking clasps for the lid. I've just ended up pulling them off. There are holes underneath, so it gives me two more ventilation holes to work with. I've also gotten the acrylic shoe boxes from The Container Store. If I need something, I walk around the food storage aisle at Walmart or Target and tend to find a nice, cheap enclosure that just needs a little bit of drilling and prep to work.

Nurse Ratchet

The possibilities are as endless as your imagination. Soup cups from take out. Betta cups - pets shops will usually give you a free one if you ask nicely. Urine specimen cups are great for really tiny slings. Walmart critter keepers start at $3.99. soft mint containers. Rocher candy containers. Tupperware. If you can drill it, it can be used.
IMG_20220210_081535680.jpg