• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help sexting my Brachypelma Albopilosum

Arielabrachypelma

Hello there I am a beginner tarantula enthusiast and I have four Brachypelma Albopilosum and the one I have I want to know the sex of he or she.I took a clear picture of him or her whole they had their abdominal section pushed up against the wall of the enclosure. My Brachypelma Albopilosum is around a year and a few months old.
1550847317363743757434.jpg

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Leaning female, but my ventral sexing skills are terrible, not to mention that ventral sexing isn't 100% accurate to begin with.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I really hate vent sexing. I thought it was female..:confused:
well it is 50/50 at the end of the day so who knows for certain until the moult is checked.
although I am with @Arachnoclown on this one (once I worked out I needed to be looking at it while doing a headstand*....PMSL).:D

*yes I can still do headstands even at my age!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here is some relatively simple guidance I use when considering Ventral sexing (Not as accurate as a moult) but.....
Usually, the females book lung spacing is closer together (top left is close to bottom left and top right is closer to bottom right) but there is a wider space between the bottom two book lungs. Males are the opposite. The top left and bottom left have more space between them and so on for the top right & bottom right. The bottom set of book lungs tend to be "closer" together. Also, usually in males there will appear to be a "belly button" between the top two book lungs and in females there appears to be a set of "lips" between the top two book lungs (exuvium area).

Having read this, I am not so sure now....PMSL

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hmmmmm, maybe it's a male who associates as a female. You never know these days.
I myself identify as an attack helicopter, every please respect this and address me as Model #srx400i...it doesn't matter that I'm a biological male human, you must respect my sensitive feelings. Now please, Mr. P, if you could move your post a little further back from mine, you're in my safe space, and I'm sensing micro aggressions. :D

Mr. P

3 Year Member
I myself identify as an attack helicopter, every please respect this and address me as Model #srx400i...it doesn't matter that I'm a biological male human, you must respect my sensitive feelings. Now please, Mr. P, if you could move your post a little further back from mine, you're in my safe space, and I'm sensing micro aggressions. :D

Sorry #srx400i but I can't move it. Want a puppy? :D

Latest posts