• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello World

Zaiaku

3 Year Member
Hello hello, I have been trudging through the vast wide world of the internet while I searched and searched for good Legitimate source for T's! I am relatively new to the hobby...ok I'm brand new. I had a Grammostola rosea when I was younger, but i had no idea what i was doing then and still don't. I just got me a little Nhandu Chromatus (Brazilian Red and White Birdeater) Sling, about 1 1/2", so it will be nice to know i have a place to come ask my stupid newb questions!!

I look forward to these forums as i have read through a few threads and it is clear the community is amazing!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello hello, I have been trudging through the vast wide world of the internet while I searched and searched for good Legitimate source for T's! I am relatively new to the hobby...ok I'm brand new. I had a Grammostola rosea when I was younger, but i had no idea what i was doing then and still don't. I just got me a little Nhandu Chromatus (Brazilian Red and White Birdeater) Sling, about 1 1/2", so it will be nice to know i have a place to come ask my stupid newb questions!!

I look forward to these forums as i have read through a few threads and it is clear the community is amazing!
Hello and welcome to the forum. You will not be dissapointed here, you made absolutely the right decision to join and the Nhandu is a great choice too. Lovely looking Ts. Ask away buddy, we were all newbies at the start . BTW, we love pictures on this forum so show off your T with pride ☺. Everyone happy to help on housing questions, moults, etc etc.....

Zaiaku

3 Year Member
There is the best picture I could get at the given time I will take more pictures later and start an album for sure. She was all brown before her previous molt and came out showing off the red abdomen and white stripes. I'm honestly hoping to get a GBB sling very soon too.

Attachments

• 20160427_142133.jpg
    20160427_142133.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 9

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There is the best picture I could get at the given time I will take more pictures later and start an album for sure. She was all brown before her previous molt and came out showing off the red abdomen and white stripes. I'm honestly hoping to get a GBB sling very soon too.
Looking good.☺. That's the good thing about slings they change their appearance so often. GBB is a good choice too. I have a juvenile female as well as a very mature female.

Zaiaku

3 Year Member
Also as a side note, I'm sure it may be obvious, I call it a she, but I've no idea the sex yet. How big are they usually when you can use a molt to sex them?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Also as a side note, I'm sure it may be obvious, I call it a she, but I've no idea the sex yet. How big are they usually when you can use a molt to sex them?
I am not very good at sexing, but there are lots on here who are. I would say at least 3" DLS (diaganol leg span). You can sometimes do this etluer with a microscope but it is not totally reliable I believe. You have a while to go yet so enjoy watching him/her grow ☺

Latest posts