• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

JuruensisFan

Hi there, everyone! My name's Rebecca. Just joined this forum today, and I'm very happy to meet fellow tarantula enthusiasts. I don't know many people irl who like tarantulas the same as I do, so it's nice to be part of a community like this one!

I currently have a sub-adult female Brachypelma hamorii (Salma) and a mature female Avicularia juruensis m2 (Athena); as you might've guessed from my username, the latter in particular has had quite an impact on me over my time getting into the hobby! Athena has always been my sweetest tarantula and by far the most docile I've had, plus I just find Avics so beautiful to look at. I also currently have a few young slings, my favourites of which must be my Hapalopus sp. Colombia (small) and Cyriocosmus elegans, their patterns are just to die for! The latter in particular I find especially adorable. Anybody else here love Cyriocosmus elegans and Avicularia juruensis?

I've attached pictures of Athena just after her last molt, as well as a tarantula I sadly no longer have - my very first tarantula, an Acanthoscurria geniculata named Oliver. He was a right grumpy fellow and grew to a huge size as a mature male, though sadly he passed away due to old age a while ago. He was the tarantula who got me into the hobby, so I'll always think back on him fondly.

Athena 2.jpg

Oliver.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello Rebecca and welcome. :)
I love all the Cyriocosmus but the elegans is my favourite.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello Rebecca welcome to the forum.
I too love the elegans. Their colouration appears when they are so small.

Jeef

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard!

I just got a Hapalopus sp. colombia large sling myself. Mine is a little chow-hound! I have to cut WAY back on the feeding! It does not refuse food.

Are you a big fan of the dwarf species, or just ones with nice patterns? Or both?

Latest posts