• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello! Newbie T owner here~

Astrocyte

3 Year Member
Hello all! I just got my first T a little over a month ago- a Pink Toe! Her name is Astrocyte (Hence my username). She's still fairly small (at only a 3in legspan), so I'm keeping her in a Kritter Keeper (positioned so its taller than it is wide) for now, until she gets a bit bigger. I'm planning on getting her a proper terrarium at that point in time, probably after her next molt.

She actually just molted about 2 weeks ago, which really couldn't have come at a worse time, as we were in the process of moving half way across the country, but she got through it alright, and just ate for the first time since tonight! I didn't even know she was going to molt, as she had shown none of the usual signs except for not eating for a couple weeks. She just molted right on the side of her enclosure, didn't flip over as most do, was still pretty active in the days before, so I had no idea it was going to happen.

Astro has quite the personality, I must say. She's a bit too fast and jumpy for me to really handle, so I've only done so once (for pictures). She's never postured at me, and the only time I've ever even seen her startle is that first time I had her out and my mother came into the room too fast, but other than that, she's been pretty well behaved!

I'm not really sure what else to say, but I'm really liking it here at the forums so far and I look forward to meeting everybody I can and learning all I can!

Attachments

• Astro2.jpg
    Astro2.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts