• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hello fellow keepers

Top Fuel Ted

New to the forum. I don't do social media (except for this now!) Been keeping a couple years and I have about three dozen New Worlds. Loads of fun and very challenging once in a while.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome. :)
It must be time to try some Old Worlds.

Top Fuel Ted

Maybe. Wifey not crazy about the idea of Old Worlds. I didn't bother her with the fact that a P Irminia isn't much better. Or getting plugged by any one of my big fat spiders. Nevertheless, I've never had an escape or a bite so it is moot. I don't handle my T's or take them out except when rehousing.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Maybe. Wifey not crazy about the idea of Old Worlds. I didn't bother her with the fact that a P Irminia isn't much better. Or getting plugged by any one of my big fat spiders. Nevertheless, I've never had an escape or a bite so it is moot. I don't handle my T's or take them out except when rehousing.

My first ever T was an OBT followed by a P. metallica then I moved onto New Worlds. As long as you're aware of their possible behaviour you'd be fine with them. I honestly don't see much difference between NW and OW in the way they behave, treat them all with respect and you can't go far wrong.

Latest posts