• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

handling

david harvey

3 Year Member
Do people normally hold their b.vagans mine is really skittish and runs around up and down my arm when I hold it is this normal.thanks for your answers in advance

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Do people normally hold their b.vagans mine is really skittish and runs around up and down my arm when I hold it is this normal.thanks for your answers in advance

Every specimen even though from the same genus,will act differently at times its almost like human individuality. Other things could also make them act weirdly,they are sensitive to air pressure drafts etc. So an open door window a fan,could easily spook them since to them you are just a tree branch or obstacle.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Another thing I would like to mention,I do not easily handle a T or condone it. Since an accident can happen,T might fall or latch onto you with its fangs not to bite but to grab hold which could lead to a difficult situation. I am not judging you at all,since I have held my T's as well but they are unpredictable and things happen.

hellknite

3 Year Member
I use to handle my T's, the docile ones only. But I no longer do. Not for my own safety but for the T's health.

BossRoss

3 Year Member
I only handle more docile Ts during rehousing like my B.albopilosum he is very chiiled when it comes to rehousing. Most of my other Ts will never touch human skin. The Risk vs Reward is not worth it(for the well being of my T and me)