• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Haizi

limede

3 Year Member
Hello there :3

I'm limede, a 19year old regular guy on my second year on the university (studying biology btw) and i've started in this hobby (keeping exotic animals) about 4 or almost 5 years ago. Basicaly i love animals since i can remember.

As of speaking, I have this cute little guys:

1x Betta splendens (male) I don't have it for a long time but he too is currently having some weird issues. In short words, he's eating his own fins and i can't figure why. Hoping it is just a phase though.

1x Astronotus ocellatus (???) Pretty weird guy too (for some reason all weird animals is what i get, but i don't mind, i love them all :D)

1x Graptemys pseudogeographica kohni (???) Have him for a while now, growing pretty healthy :)

1x Ambystoma mavortium (???) Just got it a few days ago, already eating and active. very pleased with him so far :) Made me get started on a earthworm farm >:D

1x Grammostola porteri (female) This is the part you guys like more i guess :D I have her for a little over 3years now, and she is the main reason I've created a account here, since I'am kinda worried about a eating issue of hers...
Here's the topic i just made about her problem: http://www.tarantulaforum.com/threads/g-porteri-afraid-of-food-items.1617/

Some others i used to own:

2x Cynops orientalis (one male, one female) I had them for over 3years, they were great. They were my first exotic animal i owned and were pretty healthy and beutiful. Sadly, they escaped from just a little tiny hole, that was covered but with the time it started to get open again... :(

A lot x Medauroidea extradentata

Not that much x Phyllium siccifolium

1x Ceratophrys cranwelli

Also, i'am thinking on getting a Pterinochilus murinus, not sure yet though :)

Welp, that's pretty much all i can tell you for now :p If you guys get interested in wanting to see some of this animals, i can get some pictures later, and some at the weekend. You call ^^

Cya

Last edited:

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome! Sounds like quite the collection! I have a great interest in amphibians. Currently I am working on some research involving Cryptobranchus alleganiensis. If you want to talk vermiculture I am up for it!

If you are considering a P. murinus, just be respectful of the danger they possess and use common sense. They are quick and full of attitude. I have a 1 inch sling who is already throwing around threat posture!

limede

3 Year Member
Thanks! That's a weird looking salamander :D Amphibians are probably my favorite animals to keep :)
I just started my farm, the worms are yet to arrive, but will get here this week. I've ordered 100 Dendrobaena veneta. If i have any doubts with it i guess i know who to ask questions to. eheh

And don't worry, i do respect my animals :D I've already seen that that specie is quick and quite agressive. But i usualy only handle my animals if it is realy necessary too. In 3years i only handled my porteri once.

Cya

khatchet

3 Year Member
I think you will find that most of us here love all animal if not all of use. I have about 30 pets if inclueding lizards, frogs, tarantula, a snake,fish,cats, and a dog. We all love all animal.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have raised D. veneta before, but I have moved more toward Eisenia foetida as I used them mostly for composting and treats for my chickens.

Kudos on the "no handling."

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! That is awesome your going to College for Bio that is what I want to start my major in as well! :) I have a Rosie too, she can have me pretty stumped as well sometimes, and I think everyone here that owns a Rosie can relate to being stumped by them lol. Like DB said as long as water is provided and her abdomen isn't shrucken or shrivled she should be fine. They will eat when there ready, my Pink Toe went without any food for about 2 months, which at first worried me since I was new to the hobby but T's can go a while without food, as long as they stay hydrated they can last a while. Keep us posted! And your T is a beautiful one:)

Latest posts