• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

H.gigas

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Hehe me and @Phil talked about this before and I went for it but I got a snag at the pet store lol I told them what the fish was for and they refused to sell me one LMAO! I never bothered again after that but it's still a thought for the future it would be soo cool to watch their behaviour... A worry I had is the cave in danger and the water getting full of sub all the time...
Lol you should of said it was for your kid

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a H Gigas but no pond with it I was gonna try this to see if they still dig right down there burrow and stay there or if the pond encourages them to be out more.
Ive heard thats what alot of them will do. But also those people also werent using a pond. I have a few fish tanks here and a guy thats local has h gigs and a few other Ts i want. I think im gonna give it a shot.
I also want to get a communal going but undecided on sp to use.either n.incei or p.regalis.
How are your chicken spiders coming along?

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hehe me and @Phil talked about this before and I went for it but I got a snag at the pet store lol I told them what the fish was for and they refused to sell me one LMAO! I never bothered again after that but it's still a thought for the future it would be soo cool to watch their behaviour... A worry I had is the cave in danger and the water getting full of sub all the time...
What sort of fish? I was thinking about minnows. Youd have to reinforce the pond to prevent leaking. I think a small piece of pond liner would do the trick

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Ive heard thats what alot of them will do. But also those people also werent using a pond. I have a few fish tanks here and a guy thats local has h gigs and a few other Ts i want. I think im gonna give it a shot.
I also want to get a communal going but undecided on sp to use.either n.incei or p.regalis.
How are your chicken spiders coming along?
Communally I'd go for M balfoui I currently have 4 living together I also have 4 P subfuscas (lowland) together the Balfouis though simply amazing I got some great footage. Chicken spiders are doing really well the female is in premoult and the male is a complete psycho lol

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Communally I'd go for M balfoui I currently have 4 living together I also have 4 P subfuscas (lowland) together the Balfouis though simply amazing I got some great footage. Chicken spiders are doing really well the female is in premoult and the male is a complete psycho lol
I would like to try with the M.bals but their price tag is kinda high here to get multiples of them and to roll the dice they dont start taking each other out lol. Maybe next year if the price goes down. Which by how much it went down since September when I got in to collecting Ts. He probbably wants some action,lol.

Latest posts