• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US H. Chilensis slings

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
ERESUS SPIDER SHOP has H. chilensis slings!!!! I'm getting some and thought I would let you guys know. I know that alot of you folks have been looking for these and you can find them on his website. Happy Spider Hunting, folks! The link below is to his website where you will find his terms of service, as well. :) LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

jrh3

3 Year Member
Haha, 200 a sling, highway robbery regardless of the demand. I would understand if they were an advanced species or something, hard to breed or keep but they are not. welcome to American inflation pricing.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hmm, aren't they hard to breed? I always thought the lack of H. chilensis in the U.S. market was because of the lack of breeding here and abroad.

I had posted this availability in another thread as I remember seeing some others looking for the H. Chilensis.

I bought two G. rosea from Eresus, and while his advertised prices can seem high, he does have coupons from time to time. I got a coupon for 28% off, although I doubt these Chilensis slings would be reduced. His website does say they were $249 and on sale for $199.

I am hoping that someone will prove me wrong about breeding as I hope to include this species on a list of tarantulas that should be legal in Maine, where I live. I started it last summer but got diverted.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
you-gotta-pay-c7pu9e.jpg

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah, I understand about that concern. A few months ago, I had seen a tiny G. pulchripes (Chaco Golden Knee) in a local pet store and opted not to buy it, largely in part out of concern of it being more susceptible. Now I am thinking I should have tried to get some experience with young slings. At some point I would like to own the H. chilensis as well as other species.

CritterKeeper79

Haha, 200 a sling, highway robbery regardless of the demand. I would understand if they were an advanced species or something, hard to breed or keep but they are not. welcome to American inflation pricing.
On one hand it sucks but on the other it’s good. It will ultimately lead to more H. chilensis in the hobby, because only serious breeders will probably pony up. Making it an investment really, if you’re a breeder. Until they become over-saturated.