• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got some new stuff

Roo

3 Year Member
Well my order from TSS came today.

My mystery box contained:

G. Pulchripes (seriously I seem to be randomly getting all the big ones, not that I'm complaining :D )
Red and rusty millipedes
S. Morsitans (first Centipede for me :O )
and a Parasphendale sp giant mantis

The one thing I knew I was going to get was my Silver Trapdoor which looks pretty cool. Though I think I may need to up it's container size in a few weeks or longer.

Also I found a mushroom growing in my Chilyobrachs enclosure.. Not fun :/

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
ah! Nothing like that in the states that I'm aware of, post pics when your able :D

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
going over that way to look, grab bag of spiders would be awesome, I love even the most common of them :D

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah just found it, $50 dollars but the way I'm reading it it might be just one, says its just whatever he has extra of at the time :D soon as it warms up I'm going to get one ^^

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah just found it, $50 dollars but the way I'm reading it it might be just one, says its just whatever he has extra of at the time :D soon as it warms up I'm going to get one ^^
I've been really tempted to do that also. But knowing the way my luck runs i'll get some OW species and i'm not interested in having any OW for now.

Be interesting to see what you get though :)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
the only problem with that is u wont be able to set up for the species before its arrival....i dont know how i feel about that. let us know how it works out. @Kymura

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
the only problem with that is u wont be able to set up for the species before its arrival....i dont know how i feel about that. let us know how it works out. @Kymura
Good point, you'd need spare enclosures on hand. I don't have any yet. I finally found those enclosures @swimbait i think it was mentioned in the Avic post i made from the container store. I ordered a few sizes just to have around in case i get a freebie or something :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm assuming slings....but your all correct, no way to be sure, guess have a few delis available for temp housing then go from there?
think its at least two so....no telling....

swimbait

3 Year Member
The trick to always having new T cages= Buy a large amount of slings (15-30) and raise them up :) In about a year you will have a plenty of different sized enclosures for future slings :D

I actually almost NEVER set up T enclosures before I get them anyways. For some reason I enjoy setting up the cage whilst having the new T by me and then putting it in. It would be cool if a dealer had the sorta mystery bag type deal but it was monthly, like you paid 100$ for a yearly subscription and get a couple T's every month. I'd definitely do that, don't know about 50$ for a random T though...with my luck I'd get another P. cambridgei or LP

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah, then there's still shipping, think after re-reading it that its at least two, but damn, lot of money if you end up with two .5 inch rosea's...

swimbait

3 Year Member
Yep I'd be pissed, couldn't even make your money back. May email him and see what the usual price range of species it is

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yep I'd be pissed, couldn't even make your money back. May email him and see what the usual price range of species it is
let me know if he replies, I'd like to try it, just not if I'm going to end up with a couple ten dollar slings.

Latest posts