• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got so bored i made a hide out of glue and sand.

MBullock

3 Year Member
And.. it was surprisingly effective.

Soft, yet sturdy. Non-toxic.

This is a test run so it's ooglay.

The only downside is it took 12 gluesticks to make. But i can just make it pretty and offset the cost :p

Attachments

• IMG_20220403_195546.png
    IMG_20220403_195546.png
    433.6 KB · Views: 25

Nurse Ratchet

Love me some hot glue. I arranged some cork pieces together and secured with hot glue. Going for the large cork look without the price.
Great idea for the hide! I'm officially inspired.

MBullock

3 Year Member
Love me some hot glue. I arranged some cork pieces together and secured with hot glue. Going for the large cork look without the price.
Im glad you were inspired. Any time i spark another's creativity it feels great.

Im thinking of making a bunch of decorations for terraria/paludaria/aquaria

What i did was make a moist dome of playsand, then i topped it with glue whilst sprinkling sand onto it. It retained the dome shape whilst having a granular texture.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've done the same, and you can hot glue dry moss over seams, etc. And you and disassemble after the glue dries if you want to change things up.