• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Going to get my first T in a few days.. need somefriendly advice..

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Slings under 2 inches should be kept on damp substrate (you should not be able to wring water out of it when it's just right). Coco fiber is ideal. They don't need very large cages...plastic jars of varying sizes make great cages, just make some little holes near the top.

They can eat live food, but it shouldn't be too much larger than their abdomens or they won't be able to tackle it safely. If you think it is too big, you can kill it first. Once or twice weekly feedings are ideal for slings, but they can go on just a couple feedings a month if necessary. They won't grow as fast this way, however.

Purge252

3 Year Member
is a 2inch grammostola pulchripes any different to a 1inch grammostola pulchripes....
Because my planned to get a 1inch failed only have a 2 inch any different care needed?

Last edited:

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2 inch has a better survival rate, but overall grammastolas are tough. I don't think you have much to worry about, like my chaco loves her substrate dry and a water dish. She will sometimes go a month or two without eating, and suddenly eat like a horse.

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
I usually mix in coco peat with a little sand, dirt (dried and crushed soil), toss in some bark chips and sprinkle some dried leaves. I have matured female adults though. Keeping it simple with smaller ones is usually safer and better

Latest posts